We encourage you to take care of yourself in the areas of self-catering, work, leisure and recreation. Ergotherapy enables our patients to return to meaningful employment, be reintegrated into the working world and/or discover new career paths.
We are active in every stage of rehabilitation, from the monitoring unit to the outpatient setting. Ergotherapy is part of the interprofessional team; its methods operate according to the Affolter©, Bobath© and F.O.T.T.® techniques and paraplegia standards.
The ergotherapy team specialises in various techniques such as manual therapy, trigger point treatment, myofasciale release therapy, advice on seating posture and wheelchair adjustments, animal assisted therapy in the animal assisted therapy zoo among other areas, paying particular attention to transferring daily movements and activities into everyday life.
Skills are relearned in individual or group therapy. We diagnose the application of compensation aids and practice using them. In doing so, we always incorporate the social environment and overall conditions . We agree upon goals in cooperation with the patients.
Tasks of ergotherapy
- Initial examination and diagnostics of the patient’s options and challenges regarding the capacity to act and social interaction, incl. assessments
- Promotion of capacity to act
- Promotion of mobility, strength and coordination, for example using armeo training, mirror box therapy, Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT), functional electrostimulation (FES)
- Diagnostics, adjustment and organisation of aids: Wheelchairs, seat cushions incl. measurement of sitting pressure, static and dynamic splints
- Advice on motorisation
- Clarification of the home and workplace situation and counselling in case of modifications in collaboration with external experts
- Preparation for a return to the workforce or school
- Instruction and counselling, for example in the case of decubitus prophylaxes, incl. measurement of sitting pressure
We’re here for you
Our ergotherapy team also offers treatment for outpatients.
How to contact us:
Tel. +41 (0) 61 325 01 88
Klinik für Neurorehabilitation
Im Burgfelderhof 40
Tel. +41 61 325 00 00
Fax +41 61 325 00 01