Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the most common neurological diseases that can lead to advanced disability in young adulthood.
Multiple sclerosis presents itself in very diverse ways. Every person with the condition displays highly individual symptoms and progression. This in turn means that treatment is complex and must be carried out with an interdisciplinary approach.
An essential focus of neurorehabilitative treatment is making everyday life easier to cope with. This should also contribute to improving quality of life for patients and their families through the following
- Learning compensation strategies
- Comprehensive supply of disability aids
- Counselling in the case of necessary structural changes to the home, whether in an apartment or a house
- Implementation of symptomatic treatment
In addition to a wide range of treatment, we offer specialised consultations for the following
- Treating spasticity (incl. botulinum toxin, intrathecal lioresal pumps)
- Bladder dysfunction
- Bowel dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Dysphagia (incl. apparative diagnostics)
- Treatment of sores
Since 2009, we have collaborated with the Neurological Clinic at the University Hospital of Basel [Universitätsspital Basel]. This means we can guarantee an interconnected network of treatment for seamless and holistic support.