We encourage patients to take care of themselves in the areas of self-catering, work, leisure and recreation. Occupational therapy enables our patients to return to meaningful employment, be reintegrated into the working world and/or discover new career paths.
We are active in every stage of rehabilitation, from the Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) to the outpatient setting. Occupational therapy is part of the interprofessional team and is carried out according to the Affolter©, Bobath© and F.O.T.T.® techniques and paraplegia standards.
The occupational therapy team specialises in various techniques, such as manual therapy, trigger point treatment, myofascial release therapy, advice on seating posture and wheelchair adjustments, animal-assisted therapy in the animal assisted therapy facilities and other areas. Here, they pay particular attention to transferring daily movements and activities into everyday life.
Skills are relearned in individual or group therapy. We diagnose the application of compensation aids and practice using them. In doing so, we always incorporate the social environment and overall conditions. We agree upon goals in cooperation with the patients.
Tasks of occupational therapy
- Initial examination and diagnostics of the patient’s options and challenges regarding the capacity to act and social interaction, including assessments
- Promotion of capacity to act
- Promotion of mobility, strength and coordination, for example using armeo training, mirror box therapy, Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT), functional electrostimulation (FES)
- Diagnostics, adjustment and organisation of aids: Wheelchairs, seat cushions incl. measurement of sitting pressure, static and dynamic splints
- Advice on motorisation
- Clarification of the home and workplace situation and counselling in case of modifications in collaboration with external experts
- Preparation for a return to the workplace or school
- Instruction and counselling, for example in the case of decubitus prophylaxes, including measurement of sitting pressure
We’re here for you
Outpatient occupational therapy
Unser Ergotherapie-Team bietet auch ambulanten Patient*innen Behandlungen an.
Nehmen Sie bitte mit Franziska Delia Kontakt auf:
Telefon +41 (0) 61 325 08 90
Klinik für Neurorehabilitation
Im Burgfelderhof 40
Tel. +41 61 325 00 00