At REHAB Basel, we treat all neurological pathologies during acute and continued neurorehabilitation.
Our other main focus is paraplegiology – from traumatic paraplegia to disease-related paraplegia.
We treat patients during all stages of illness, from initial rehabilitation after the acute phase to subsequent rehabilitation and treatment of complications.
- Traumatic brain injury/polytrauma
- Persistent vegetative state – minimally conscious state
- Intracranial haemorrhage with pronounced, diffuse brain damage
- Diffuse brain damage after a complex surgical operation
- Hypoxic brain damage
- Brain tumours (after OP)
- Severe ischaemic cerebral stroke
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cerebral palsy (CP)
- Severe neuropsychiatric syndrome and specific need for monitoring (severe psycho-mental disorder / episodic dyscontrol syndrome)
- Complete or incomplete paraplegia or tetraplegia; any aetiology
- Complications caused by plegia such as
- Decubital ulcers
- Conditions affecting the urogenital tract
- Complications to the musculoskeletal system
We treat patients with
- Tracheal cannulas
- Respiratory support
- Multi-resistant pathogens